Bringing Jobs to Pennsylvania
10/18/2012
Pennsylvania’s economy will get back on track when its job picture improves. With that in mind, I recently cast a vote to support legislation I feel will help move us in the direction of prosperity.

House Bill 2626 would create the Promoting Employment across Pennsylvania (PEP!) program. It would provide a state tax incentive for a limited time to out-of-state employers that relocate to the Commonwealth and bring good-paying jobs with them. The bill would provide the same tax incentive to employers already located in Pennsylvania that create new, good-paying jobs.

Qualifying employers would be able to keep 95 percent of the state Personal Income Tax revenue they withhold on behalf of their employees. The other 5 percent would go to the Commonwealth, with the money retained by the employers being used solely to create good-paying, family-sustaining jobs.
Under the PEP program, the new employer must create 100 of the required new jobs within two years of entering into the agreement and at least 250 new jobs in Pennsylvania within five years from the start of participation in the program. The qualified company must also make health insurance available to its full-time employees, paying at least 50 percent of the premium. There are also wage parameters associated with maintaining participation in the program.
Pennsylvania is often referred to as being business “unfriendly.” This legislation addresses that unfortunate designation, and takes steps to show the country we are truly “open for business.”

State Representative Curt Sonney
4th District, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Scott Little 
slittle@pahousegop.com
717.260.6137
Share |